"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

my world is so different...

Sitting in my neighborhood coffee shop working just so that I can meet new folks and be here to talk with those I have known a long time. Pouring outside. One of the neighborhood druggies - and I think homeless guys - is sitting in there to stay dry and warm. He's been talking my ear off a mile a minute. He wanted to know if I thought I'd ever find that special person to have children with some day. He keeps forgetting why he started saying something and even was saying that he finds all these cuts but doesn't know how he got them... I want to tell him that maybe it is the drugs. He says he started college. Also says he spent time in prison... and drew some in solitary confinement. He's 39. His mom lives in the senior center in High Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment