"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 days

Carrie and I are working on 3 days of being snowed into our home. Things started melting yesterday, but that made things even more difficult today. Our driveway is now ONE SOLID SHEET OF ICE. I managed to slide my way up the driveway this morning to walk to the neighborhood coffee shop. I having been getting cabin fever and had to escape. Of course it wasn't easy. When I tried to go up last part I slide back into my car. Had to cling to the fence on the side and dig my hiking boots into the ice/snow on the side. On the way back I was able to dig the sides of my boots back into the ice/snow on the sides of the driveway, but that was gone about half way down. I literally slide the rest of the way down and bit the dust right in front of my door. Laughed the whole entire time as it was just the craziest experience. My right thumb is bleeding and throbbing and my nail cracked. Carrie and I are not venturing back out there until there is some major melting of the single sheet of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment