"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Running

I think there are people made to run... and those who weren't... I love running, and I hate running. Sometimes I just don't want to run. I have learned Mom is sssooo right! Running shoes frequently used to wear out after 6 months. I've been running on old shoes - probably way past 6 months. I have been feeling it and haven't really been doing much running as a result - more walking than running. I got new running shoes last week. LOVE THEM. New Balance. Only New Balance for me. And they aren't big and clumpy, but small and cute... for running shoes. I've been running again  now that I don't feel it in my knees. Tonight I ran my first mile in 10 minutes. Woo-hoo! And I almost ran my second mile in 10 minutes - somewhere around 11 or 11.5 minutes. And I walked some of that second mile, so I really had to bust it out the end of the second mile. Ran 3 miles. That definitely is NOT a marathon like Chad, but it feels good for me.... especially since I haven't been full out running in the last couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment