"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Camera Equipment

I'm taking pictures at dinner next Friday for a couple at my church. Allison's father is being honored for his work with Navigators. She wants me to take pictures, and her sis-in-law to video the night. I think my zoom lense will be good, but I also really want to go ahead and get a wide angle lense. Do I go for it or not? That's the question. Nikon has a AF Nikkor 24 mm f/2.8D (need to double check that it is compatible with a Nikon D40X); its description said it was great for landscapes, interiors, events, etc. It is $394.95. I think that would make me lense needs complete. And then...

I would just need to start saving for another camera. I think I'd like a professional one. Mine is just below professional grade. I thought I'd sell it when I had saved enough money for a new camera, but now I'm thinking it might be nice to have a back up and nice to have two lenses go between quickly for things like this dinner... not that I take pictures like that all that often.

One camera that would be nice and not take quite as long to save for as some of the others is the Nikon D90. It's only $899.95. Yes, I said 'only.' The others are $2000+ and even $4,000+. It is 12.3 megapixels. I think mine right now is 10. It even has some cool incamera editing features like - fisheye effect (which yes, Shannon your phone can do), straighten and distortion control, as well as d-lighting, red-eye reduction, image overlay, monchrome, etc.

These are the type of financial goals I establish for myself. Sorry, Dad. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment