"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

the Maiwald Family

I met the Maiwalds at Intown Community Church. Tom was an elder there. He and his wife worked with the singles group. I love that family and really felt a kindred spirit with his wife. I got the rare privilege of getting to stay with the kids and dogsit several times. Didn't realize it was such an honor till someone told me that they are really picky about how they ask. 14 years ago was Tom's first time to battle cancer - pancreatic. He was supposed to have died. His son wouldn't be alive if that had happened. He's battled cancer several times since then. He has lung cancer right now. His blog is beautiful... http://www.caringbridge.org/ga/tmailwald.

No comments:

Post a Comment