"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Compassion

It has been awhile since I have blogged. I can't blame the shutting down of Vox. Shoot it had been awhile since I had blogged on that. I can't remember if I had ever even blogged about my Africa - my beautiful, wonderful, heart aching trip to Africa. It wasn't so much that I was hurt. Looking back and processing it a little more I think it was just that I so deeply felt the pain of the little ones I got to know. Not sure why, but I recently decided to look up the word compassion for a Bible study I am doing on Mark. I love that word, but never realized I never really knew its definition. Now I love it even more... Compassion is a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering. It looks like I'll get to start supporting little Eddie's 6 year old sister. I just feel in love with little Eddie - a 10 year old orphan whose education is being supported by my friend. His heart ached to be held by his mother. His precious, gentle heart reminded me a lot of Ian. I ever so much wanted to hide him in my suitecase and bring him home to live with the Shads.

1 comment:

  1. Getting my new blog set up while I have access to high speed internet is on my to-do list for this trip. Dad and I love the blogs.

    ReplyDelete