"And I said to the one who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.'" (Minnie Haskins)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

When Worlds Collide

I love it when my various "worlds" collide.

I tell everyone about my YMCA. Guess you can say it's a one person cruisade to up our member numbers and return the closing time back to 10 pm. I don't really expect my efforts to pan out if it's someone who doesn't live in my neighborhood (SA), but nevertheless I try my best.

Last Monday some sort of nightmare woke up me around 6-ish, and I decided to head to the gym. I'm in the cooling down stage on the treadmill when someone taps me. I turn and to my surprise it's Angel from my church (EPC). I'm very incoherent in the morning, so it took me awhile to process I was seeing. She actually thought she'd scared me, but really it was me trying to put together seeing an EPC face at my SA YMCA. She and her husband had visited the YMCA - b/c of my recommendations - that Sunday and had received free week-long passes.

Well, she & Anthony are YMCA members now and coming the gym. It's giving me some incentive to get up when I wake up at 6 (a new discovery... that I actually do wake all on my own at 6, but choose to fall back to sleep) and go to the YMCA. I got a good run in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment